Friday, July 6, 2012

Workout 120706

I reached my goal!!!  Three workouts accomplished this week!!!  Friday morning's workout:

10 min Recumbent Bike
10 Lunges each side
13 Squats with 6 lbs
30 Jump Ropes (Here I actually had a jump rope and was jumping over it - to make it over the rope 30 times took me about 2 minutes)
5 Reverse Lunges on Bosu each side
20 Bird Dogs each side (I pulled my knee in before extending back and realized that I am getting closer to these turning into mountain climbers)
10 Lateral Raises with 5 lbs
10 Front Raises with 5 lbs
10 Bicep Curls with 5 lbs
10 Shoulder Presses with 5 lbs
20 Crunches on Swiss Ball
Stretch

It was hard to get up this morning.  I didn't get home until 10pm after going out for knitting and drinks with some friends.  The drinking part wasn't what made this morning hard (though a 150 calorie Pomegranate Martini is amazing); it was the not falling asleep until 11pm.  I really really do like my sleep.

But get up I did.  And I'm happy I did.  I learned two things this morning.

One: I really find exercising on the bike to be boring.  And any more than 10 minutes and my coccyx would prevent me from sitting for the rest of the day.  And I was sooo bored.  Stationary bike is really not the thing for me.  I know people love Spinning classes and maybe that would be awesome, but just pedaling away in the cardio room?  Not so much.

Two: Jumping Rope is hard!!!!! And I kind of like it.  I'm not sure that is what my foot doctor had in mind when she told me not to exercise on the Arc Trainer or Elliptical, but so far my feet are okay.  I'll give it 24 hours before I truly declare victory, but it was fun to try something different.

Maybe there is a third things I learned as well.  I guess not learned, but found out.  My gym is offering 30 minute exercise classes for 2-3 year olds.  My 3.5 year old is very interested in mommy going to the gym and what I do there.  She knows that I go multiple times a week and it is very important to me.  Having asked to go with me a number of times now, she might really get a kick out of heading to the the gym with me on Saturday morning and attending her own class.  I'll definitely be looking more into that.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! That's a cool trick on their part, and a GREAT way for moms to get the time they need to exercise. I hope she likes it. :-)

    ReplyDelete