Thursday, July 5, 2012

Workout 120704: Freedom!

Wednesday morning I woke up and went to the gym.  Even though it was a holiday, there were a lot of people there.  Thankfully for the employees they were only open until 1pm.  But I do need to remember that they revamp their class schedule on holidays to offer up a good mix to those who venture out.  Having not planned ahead, I did my own thing:

15 min Arc Trainer - Interval Level 3
3 min Treadmill cooldown
10 Side Lunges each side
10 Abductors with 5 sec hold each side
7 Bridges with Kickout (I love that I'm adding one more of these every time I do them!)
15 Reverse Curl with Stick
10 Adductors each side
10 Glut Press each side
Stretch

Earlier this week I ran across a guest post workout on The Lean Green Bean.  I was humbled and motivated all at the same time.  By the time I got down to the Swiss Ball Overhead Pass my legs and abs were quivering.  No action required.

I can look at my body and say honestly that I am more fit right now than I have been in 12 or 13  years.  I haven't been able to do the things I'm doing now since my first couple years of college.  I would have never even read to the end of a workout post with such challenging moves.  I couldn't have done it, so why bother?

Lately, I'm bothering.  I'm bothering to dream and wonder at what my body is going to be able to do.  Looking at those workouts, I'm pretty sure even a fit person would feel challenged.  To test it out, I asked a couple of fit people and they ran away shrieking.  However, maybe I can get there.  How satisfying would it be right now to be able to perform one of each of those exercises?  Not even worrying about the reps. What if I did just one?  Or even simply tried to do just one?  That would be a huge start...

No comments:

Post a Comment