Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PT: Day 29: What I Can Accomplish

Monday's PT:

6 min Elliptical - Level 4
Side Steps with Band
Monster Walk with Band
Backwards Monster Walk
Squats - 20 reps
Side Lunges - 10 reps each side
The Superman on Bosu - 10 reps each side
Bird Dogs with Crunch - 20 reps each side
Cage Stretch
Reverse Curl with Stick - 15 reps
Bridges with Kickout - 5 reps
Planks - 2 reps for 20 sec
Side Planks - 2 reps each side for 20 sec

So...  Um, Yeah.  I'm making progress.  I'm kind of proud of this list.  This was a 45 minute workout.  I had sweat soaking my clothes.  It felt pretty darn good.  *grin*

This is my only PT appointment this week.  With the holiday next week, I don't have another PT appointment until June.  I reminded myself of that a few times when I was feeling done.  I'm really hoping I can continue this trend and not get hurt.  I'm not sure if I'm more worried about getting hurt or regressing.  Both are scary fears and they compete with each other.  If I push too hard I could get hurt again.  If I don't push I'll eventually regress.  Or stagnate in the best case.  I want to keep progressing so I'm going to have to keep striving.  Fears be damned!

This week's goal is to work through some of this.  Not the deep emotion sludge.  Just the act of getting up each day and continuing with my plan.  By Friday last week I was feeling very overwhelmed and exhausted.  I don't want to end this week that way.  I'm thinking that exhausted feeling is a good reason to have a hold steady week.  Why heap on more?

So I'm monitoring my calories.  I'm keeping my work out schedule (MWF at the gym; M at PT; maybe W Yoga).  I'm making it to bed at a reasonable hour (turned out 7:45pm was a reasonable hour last night - who knew?).  I'm going to make this week work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment