Monday, April 30, 2012

My non-break

I haven't fallen off the wagon.  Just in case you were wondering.  I'm still here.  I'm sticking to my goals and I'm seeing progress.  Just how much progress will be determined in another 2 days.  My monthly weigh-in is coming up and I'm honestly looking forward to it.  How can I look forward to something I normally dread?

This month has been hard for me.  As I settled into the Weight Watchers rhythm, I remembered why I had to quit the program.  Counting points or calories is tedious.  WW has done their best to make it not tedious, but no matter how you look at it, you must track each and every morsel that goes in your mouth.  Honestly, I spend a lot of time tracking the morsels that don't go in my mouth as well.  I get so bogged down with the numbers and the counting that I give up and just stop.  I worry that I'm never going to succeed with a program based on tracking and counting because some days I just don't want to.  And without consistency I worry that I've bitten off more than I can chew.

That is still not an answer explaining my sudden excitement.  Despite my tracking issues, I've done reasonably well keeping my food in check.  There was one unfortunate nacho relapse and a few pepperoni snack attacks, but they were limited and I've forgiven myself.  I've stuck to my workout goal, managing at least 4 workouts per week.  And I walked a 5K this month!

Additionally, I added a goal of skipping the elevator at work.  I can honestly stand up and say that I am professionally 6 days elevator free.  While I'm still out of breath at the top, I don't feel as though I can't make it.  I take my time and conquer each flight as it presents itself.  In the interest of full disclosure, I still take the elevator at the hospital's parking garage.  Stairwells in garages are not places I like being alone or when I'm feeling weak.  I'm at the hospital by myself for physical therapy with makes me by definition alone and weak.  I take the elevator.

All this adds up to me being proud of myself and hoping that the scale will reflect my hard work.  There is a chance that it won't and I'm pretty nervous about my reaction if it doesn't.  But for today, I'm hopeful.

And in all this hopefulness and hard work, I've been neglecting to write everything down.  I'm thinking of changing the format up a little here and that takes some offline contemplation as well.  In the coming weeks I am going to transition out of PT which is going to require a bit more workout planning on my part.  Also, if I choose to break up with WW, I'm going to have to devise an alternative there as well.  We'll see.  I'll keep you posted.  *grin*

1 comment:

  1. Depending on where in the parking structure you are, can you do a partial-elevator, partial-stair thing? Sort of to wean yourself off. At least on the way in. I wouldn't ask you to do so after the PT.

    ReplyDelete