Friday, April 13, 2012

Small Victories

I love Mexican food.  I have a weakness for queso.  One of my favorite lunch places, California Tortilla, has gotten more money out of me for queso than I would like to admit.  Today I needed lunch and I heard the queso calling me.  I almost didn't go to Cal Tort, simply because I wasn't sure I could go in there an not eat 500 extra calories in chips and queso.

But this mornings ruminations ran through my mind one more time.  I researched their nutrition online.  The Southwestern Chicken Salad is a ton of really good food.  And it is still good if I leave off the cheese and/or tortilla strips.  I had formulated a plan.  I could handle the allure of queso.

And handle it I did!  My salad without cheese was just perfect.  Leaving the restaurant, I'm stuffed!  Small victories.  Maybe next time I'll even try leaving off the cheese and the tortilla strips.  I felt that would be rushing things today.

2 comments:

  1. Little wins equal won wars. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy with myself it made me giddy. I love having that feeling. :)

      Delete