Monday, April 2, 2012

PT: Day 16

I went.  I worked.  I cried.

Grr.

Sorry for the lack of details, but I'm finding is particularly hard to write up frustrating PT days.  Thursday was one of those.  We attempted a new exercise where I held a kettle ball and did a squat.  Then as I rose up I lift the kettle ball (bell?) to shoulder height.  Rinse.  Repeat.

I couldn't do it.   Not only that but I couldn't do a regular squat.  Then I couldn't do a squat with my back supported.  THEN I couldn't do a weight assisted squat.

Now when I say I couldn't do it.  I mean that I couldn't do it with proper form and no pain in my left knee. And that is monumentally frustrating.  I thought I was doing squats correctly!  I am very frustrated to be further back than I thought I was.

On the flip side, I still have time.  I am in the right place to relearn all this stuff and to relearn it correctly.  So, in response, I did the most mature thing I could think to do under the circumstances.  I scheduled another month of PT.  Then I went to my car and had a good cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment