Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Workout 120404: Progress

Today's workout:

Hip Warmup Stretch
30 min Elliptical (interval setting)
5 min Treadmill cooldown
Hip Abductors (10 reps 3 sets each leg)
Bridges (15 reps with 5 sec hold)
Stretch

Today felt good.  I was able to complete 30 minutes on the same Elliptical machine that had me crying for mercy a few weeks ago.  Woohoo!!!  I'm thrilled to be making progress.  I still have to focus on my motion when I'm on the Elliptical but I didn't have any pain.  I'm really starting to think we might be figuring all this out in my physical therapy sessions.  Such a relief!

Supporting my good feeling this morning, I actually got everything on my nightly must do list done last night.  A few months ago I spent 4 weeks following FlyLady's recommendations pretty closely.  I can't say that I completed a step everyday.  And I definitely didn't make it to the end of the list.  But after a month, I started to understand that I really did need to prep for the next day each evening.  Without that prep, my days fall apart so quickly.  Maybe that is part of running a house, or being a full-time working mom, or just being a human being.  I have no idea.  But the past couple of nights I've really pushed to get all the tasks done on my list including being in bed at 9:30pm.  Last night I succeeded and it makes such a difference in starting the next day.

I'm reaching the gushing point so I'm going to stop.  I'm happy right now.  I might make a new happy tag to link all my posts where I just love life.  I definitely need to remember this feeling on the days when I feel crushed.  It's pretty awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried FlyLady before, and end up tripping over some of her recommendations. I'm glad they're working for you! I'm going to give her another look--like most foods for small people, it's always worth trying again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was definitely stuff in there that didn't work for me. But I'm kind of a routine sort of girl. I like to tweak my routines (or create them in this case) until I feel like I've got a good groove. I love seeing the progress.

      Delete