Monday, April 16, 2012

Workout 120416: Weekend Parties

Monday morning's workout:

35 min Treadmill Walk (3.0 - 3.3 mph for 26 minutes)
Hip Abductors (10 reps 2 sets)
Bridges (15 reps with 5 sec hold)
Stretch

The past two weekends have each included family gatherings surrounded by my all time nemesis - chips and dip.  Either one by itself is ignorable.  But combined?  They are irresistible.  Following the conquering of the queso calling on Friday I was hopeful about this weekend.  I could avoid the allure of chips and dip.  Even if they were in the same room at the same time.  Really I can do it.

Nope.

I fell off the chips and dips bandwagon again.  *sigh*  However, I did attempt to track all the chips and dip consumed.  It doesn't appear that I've gone negative on points for the week, but I need to workout a way to deal with this weakness.

First problem - portion control.  One complete chip leveraged to scoop up one teaspoon of any style dip is not a deal breaker.  But the chips must be counted and the full quantity of dip must be understood.  The drive-by dipping can really add up.  Especially when I'm thinking "Oh, it's just one..."  I must retrain myself to get a plate, place a specific number of chips onto said plate and scoop up a predetermined amount of time.  And once that plate is empty - STOP DIPPING!

Second problem - social hour.  I think I can train myself to control my portions.  However, it is the hovering around the limitless dip buffet while chatting that seems to cause the bigger problem.  While standing there, 1 chip & dip combo can turn into 20 or 30 or more!  At some point, even the best laid plans can be overwhelmed.  At Cal Tort, there was a short window of opportunity to obtain the illicit substance.  Once averted, I was safe.  For future parties, I must get my plate of chips and dip to be savored and high tail it to the other side of the room.  During this maneuver I test my outstanding social skills by luring those I'm conversing with away from evil as well.

So I have a plan for the future.  It however doesn't fix the tummy ache I have today from over indulging.  Oh, how I look forward to the days when I'll be better at all this.

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share to us and other.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy my posts. Hopefully I'll be posting progress for many months to come. I look forward to sharing more of my journey with you. Thanks for reading!

      Delete