Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finding Balance

Yesterday was the first workout of the month.  I have a new number to report.  A number I am feeling pretty good about.  And that number is...

233

I am down 6 pounds in a month!  To say I'm thrilled doesn't quite encompass how truly pleased I am with this result.  It's a bit of validation that I'm doing something right.  My choices are starting to pay off.  I'm losing weight!  This number is the lowest number I've seen on the scale since just after my second child was born.  That was only 1 1/2 years ago, but what a time it has been!

While the weight lost is something to celebrate, I'm celebrating more than that this month.  I have found balance in my current schedule.  Gym two days a week.  PT two days a week.  I can't say this looks like I'd envisioned it, but it's working for me better than anything has in a while.  For that I am grateful.  I've maintained this routine for 3 weeks now and I'm feeling better mentally and physically.  I'll still work to add a 5th workout in there each week, but it feels so good to have a plan and stick to it and feel good when its complete.

There is still fear in me over what this number means and all the numbers to come.  I also alternate between worrying and anticipating the end of PT.  But those concerns will be there tomorrow and the next day and probably many days to come.  Today (and yesterday) I'm just going to reflect a little and enjoy the progress I've made and the balance I've found.  I can dream a little today about the months to come.  In a happy mode.  Ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment