Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Understandable Results and a Deadline

Though I'm only sharing my weight monthly, I do track it on a weekly basis.  Each Wednesday morning after I workout but before I shower and get dressed for the day, I weigh-in.  Since switching to calorie counting, this is the first Wednesday that I haven't made it to the gym.  This past week is also the first week that I haven't worked out at least 4 times per week.  With today being weigh-in, I was nervous.

As it turns out, I didn't need to be quite to nervous.  My caloric intake stayed about where it has been (a little over the previous week, but not out of control) while my activity went down a little.  All said and done, I lost a little less than I usually do.  I'm okay with that.  Not in the long run of course, but while I'm figuring out my foot, I'm okay with it.

It's definitely strange to have something workout logically like that.  I talked to a woman this week who's been living a healthy lifestyle her entire life.  She seemed to have an innate understanding of her behaviors that support her health.  I wondered at that.  To know what your body needs and when it is out of whack...  I don't have that understanding.  But I'm starting to gain a little of it.  Weeks like this really do serve a purpose.  I get to see that it isn't all or nothing for one.  And I'm learning to listen just a little better to what my body is telling me.  Hopefully, sooner than later, my body and I will be speaking to the same language.

Speaking of later, I've given later a date.  Later is 600 days from today.  It sounds like a lot.  600 Days.  The date of later is February 3rd, 2014.  It is going to be a Monday.  On that day I want to weigh 140 lbs.  It feels so strange to type that.  That number seems impossible right now.  To achieve it by that day I need to lose an average 4.5 pounds per month.  That seems more doable, but also a lot of work.  A lot of very consistent work.

To get there will be a feat.  An awesome feat.  A feat to be celebrated.  Disney World?  A Spa Day?  I'm not sure a day will be enough.  Maybe a Spa weekend?  Maybe I make a girlfriend travel with me to Europe.  Or a shopping spree?  I've always wanted to be able to wear the clothing in Ann Taylor.  At 140 I will definitely be in their size range.

I haven't a clue how I'll celebrate accomplishing the impossible, but I will celebrate.  And I'm pretty sure my body will celebrate with me.  Not just a celebration of reaching a goal and ending a struggle.  More a celebration of a new solid union.  Body and mind.  I hope even more than fitting in that cute little dress, I'll understand how I accomplished all that I did and what I can do to keep myself healthy and happy for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment