Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Workout 120328: Up Early

Today's workout:

Hip Warmup Stretch
30 min Elliptical (interval setting)
5 min Treadmill cooldown (1.8 mph 1.0 incline)
Hip Abductors (10 reps 3 sets each leg)
Bridges (15 reps with 5 sec hold)
Stretch

This morning my oldest child woke up at 4am screaming "I do want chocolate milk!" at the top of her lungs.  I haven't a clue what it was about, but it went on for over a half an hour.  By the time the screaming died down, I was up.  So I headed to the gym early.  Even arriving at 5:10am there were still 10 cars in the lot in front of me.  I love that the gym isn't empty when I get there.  I feel a little less crazy for getting up so early.

Needless to say, my workout was done in record time.  My shower and prep time was leisurely.  I even got to work on time with no traffic.  I begin to see why people continue to get up in the dark hours of the morning, even after their children sleep through the night.  It was a leisurely morning and I love not being rushed.  What a wonderful start to today!

Just don't tell my 3 year old that.

No comments:

Post a Comment