Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PT: Day 15

Monday's Exercises:

6 min Elliptical warmup - level 4
Cage stretch
Prone Press Ups Right Side - 10 reps 2 sets
Swiss ball bridges - 20 reps with 5 sec hold
Leg Lifts with Arms Raised - 10 reps
Side Lunges on Bosu - 20 reps
With my left knee still acting up on this exercise, the therapist modified it today to put the foot I was lunging onto (putting my weight onto) on the Bosu.  The pain went away.  This definitely is a weakness issue, but I think I'm starting to understand it.
Sidesteps
Kneeling Leg/Arm Extension - 20 reps each side
Modified Side Planks - 10 reps with pause 2 sets
Modified Planks - 3 reps with 30 sec hold

I'm getting there.  Every day a little further.  There isn't much to report.  My spirits are still up and I'm happy to be making progress.  I have more work to do on my non-PT days.  The Prone Press Ups were added to my at home rotation and I've not been good about getting them done yet.  The theory behind the coccyx pain now is that my sacrum on the right is locked up and not moving properly (I didn't even know that was a part that could move).  The Press Ups are needed to open it up and get the movement back.  I can feel tightness there when I stretch, but honestly I'm still trying to figure this one out.  In the meantime I need to be better about doing my prescribed exercises!

No comments:

Post a Comment