Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Trying too hard?

Wednesday morning is brought to you by:

Warmup Hip Stretch
30 min on the Elliptical - Interval workout
Alternate 2 min 1 resistance 4 slope; 2 min 8 resistance 10 slope
5 min cooldown
2 sets of 15 on each leg Strengthening Hip Abduction
1 set 10 Bridges(5 sec hold)
5 min Leg Stretches


I finished my workout, but I'm not feeling great today.  I'm a little concerned that I'm over doing it.  The Elliptical feels easier if I go faster (ave 100 strides per minute), but at the rate I'm going my heart rate gets over 170 bpm for sustained periods of time.  That might not be a good thing.  It's good to know that I can push myself, but I don't want to over do it.  I'm going to have to think on this.

Additionally there was no yoga strap available in the workout area for me to do the Leg stretches with the strap.  I'm going to Target after work today to pick one up.  I'm also looking forward to talking with the physical therapist tomorrow.  I don't like how my knee feels when I use the strap for my stretches.  I suspect I'm doing it wrong, but that's what she's there for - to get me doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment