Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Workout 120201: 5 more minutes

Today's workout:

Hip Warmup Stretch
35 min Arc Trainer workout (level 2 - interval)
3 min Treadmill Cooldown
Side-lying Hip Abduction (10 reps 2 sets each leg)
Bridges (10 reps with 5 sec hold)
5 min stretch

I made it FIVE more minutes on the Arc Trainer today than I did yesterday!  I'm feeling pretty good, but was definitely jelly legged at the end.  However, no knee pain and I definitely got a good workout in.  I don't know if the electronic reports on the machines are accurate or not, but mine said I went a mile and burnt 400+ calories.  I'll take it.  *grin*

I'm also finding that it takes me getting off the Arc Trainer to start cooling down and lowering my heart rate.  Even then, walking at 1.5 mph on the treadmill, my heart rate stays up around 120 bpm until I get into my stretches.  Tomorrow I'm going to warmup on the treadmill and see what my heart rate does.  I'd like it to get back into normal range a little faster, but I don't actually know if that is normal or not.  More research needed!

Also, I think the time has come for me to decide what I want my cardio workout to be.  I'm still progressing, but I'm not going to have time to workout infinitely at the gym even if my body will allow it.  More thought will be going into that one.  Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment