Tuesday, February 28, 2012

PT: Day 11

Yes. I'm skipping Day 10.  It was a bad day for me.  My attitude was bad and it took me a couple of days to recover from PT Day 10.  Summary of the day - I have 6 more weeks of physical therapy in front of me.

Workout on Day 11:

6min Elliptical Warmup on level 3
Hip Rollout and Butt Muscle Massage
Butt Muscle Stretch
Modified Side Plank - 15 Reps
Backward Lunges - 10 reps each leg
Side Lunges* - 10 reps each side
Side Steps - 75in each direction
Swiss Ball Bridges - 10 reps with 5 sec hold
Kneeling Leg/Arm Extension - 10 Reps each leg
Leg Extension - 20 reps each leg
Cage Stretch

*Side Lunges are done by placing the feet 2 - 3 feet apart with the heel of one foot level with the toe of the other foot.  Then lean onto the forward leg.  Hold for 5 secs.  Push back up through the foot of the bent leg.

The hardest part about all these exercises is figuring out what muscles I should be using.  I can perform all of them incorrectly.  The frustrating part is recognizing that I am doing something incorrectly and learning how to correct it.  Yesterday it was the Lunges.  Last week it was the Side Steps.  The week before, Leg Extension.  Which, by the way, are going to be called Leg Kickbacks from now on.  That is what the physical therapist is calling them, so I'm going to latch onto the terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment