Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PT: Day 6

Tuesday's workout:

6min Elliptical Warmup on level 2
Warmup Hip Stretches
Kneeling Leg Extension w/ Bent Knee - 10 reps each leg
The kneeling leg extension was modified to do it with the knee of the leg being lifted bent.  Having the knee bent makes the glut work harder if I understood the explanation correctly.  These were a little harder, but still more manageable than I expected.  
Side Steps - 60in each direction
Bosu Squats - 20 reps with 5 sec hold
Leg Extension - 20 reps each leg
Swiss Ball Bridges - 10 with 5 sec hold
One Legged Squat and Place
Side-lying Abduction on Swiss Ball - 10 reps
Cage Stretch
Modified Side Plank - 10 Reps

In preparation for my reevaluation on Thursday (I'm assuming), I had some preliminary strength tests and filled out an activity evaluation form.  The strength tests showed that I am making definite progress.  Where I was unable to hold my leg up at all using the abductor muscles before, I can lift the leg and keep it there with some resistance added!  That feels huge to me and the therapist seemed happy about it as well.  I also noticed that I'm rating a lot of things as easier on the activity chart that I was a month ago.

I'm hopeful that I will be on my own in a couple more weeks.  Hopeful and more than a little nervous. I love that I've made progress; now I just have to continue the progress on my own.  The last thing I want to do is end up in PT again having regressed after all the work we've put in and things I've learned.  My gym routine is pretty stable now so this is doable.  Much more so than when I exited PT 3 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment