Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Pound Down.

My February weight is 239 pounds.

I would love for it to be lower.  Instant gratification is a wonderful thing when you can get it.  However, I'm definitely not disheartened by that number.  I take it to mean that I'm headed in the right direction and still learning.  Also, one pound is one pound.  I'm going to have to lose this weight the same way I gained it - one pound at a time.  It's kind of symbolic.

Besides the number, I'm working out in the gym or PT 5 times each week.  I'm trying to get that up to 6 times (2 PT days, 4 gym days - they may overlap) this month.  I've gone from 25-30 min cardio workouts to 35 minutes.  I've increased my level on the Arc Trainer from level 1 to 2.  Waking up at 5am is definitely getting easier.  I even woke up this morning before my alarm went off.  That has happened more than once without my children's intervention in January.

Where I'm going with all that is that I'm making changes in my life.  They seem to be sticking.  And all indicators point to them being the right changes.  I still feel the need to defend the number and obsess over it a little.  I'm not sure that that will ever go away.  So I'm going to give myself a bit of a pep talk and move on.  We'll see what next month brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment