Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday: Arms & Abs

5 min Arc Trainer warmup
25 min Circuit room rotation including:
triceps
biceps
shoulder press
vertical peck (not sure about the name of this one)
vertical row
crunches
back extension
abductor (yeah - not arms or abs)
adductor (more legs)
5 min stretch

The shoulder press is BY FAR the hardest.  I only have the machine set at 10 lbs and I can barely complete 2 sets of 15.  Oh well - I'm guessing a month from now I'll be wishing I only had 10 lbs on the machine.  Normally I would have done a 10 min warmup, but I was running late.  Shorting it got me to work an acceptable 15 minutes late.

I am wondering if I'm doing enough on these non-running days.  I want to work on arms and abs and give my knees a break.  But I don't want to be wasting my time in the gym (if there is such a thing).  I'm going to see how I feel at the end of this week, particularly regarding my knee.  It was a lot better yesterday, but all I have to do is go up the stairs without thinking and it starts yelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment