Friday, December 16, 2011

C25K: Week 1 - Workout 3

5 min warmup
60 sec 3.5 mph Jog *
90 sec 3.0 mph Walk *
30 sec 3.6 mph Jog
30 sec 3.5 mph Jog
30 sec 3.1 mph Walk
60 sec 3.0 mph Walk
5 min cooldown
5 min stretch

* Repeat 5 times

Working out this morning didn't feel good to start out with.  My right knee is still acting up a bit and I really just wanted to go back to bed.  My feet had to be drug forward on the treadmill before flopping down and being spun out behind me again.  I was not feeling up to it.

But making it to the gym today means I completed my first week of C25K AND I made it to the gym 5 days this week.  Both worthy goals.  And you know what?

By the end of my workout I was smiling and ready to push myself just a LITTLE harder.  It was awesome!  And now I can enjoy my weekend knowing that I really did accomplish something this week.  I've made it to the gym 5 days in a row once before.  Jogging three days in a week is a new accomplishment, something I've never done before.  A great way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment