Monday, December 19, 2011

C25K: Week 2 Workout 1

5 min warmup
90 sec 3.5 mph Jog*
2 min 3.0 mph Walk*
*Repeat two times
30 sec 3.6 mph Jog**
60 sec 3.5 mph Jog**
2 min 3.0 mph Walk**
**Repeat 4 times
5 min cooldown
5 min stretch

Today's workout felt good.  Better starting out that Friday and just about the same feeling towards the end.  My total distance in 30min 15 sec was 1.5 miles!  That is a little less than half a 5K.  I was happy to see that my heart rate didn't go above 158 bpm today.  There's progress in there as well!

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I'm making a 9:30pm bedtime a priority for me tonight.  I want to make sure I have time to recouperate.  My right knee is still bothering me on stairs, but not when I jog or walk.  I'm going to keep going and hope it sorts itself out with continued use.  When I should schedule an appointment to get it checked on is starting to be a daily consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment