It probably helps that I love Macs. Apple has a company has its issues (Huge cop out, but I'm not sure there is any company that doesn't), but the make a fine product and I have drank the Kool-aid. So into the smart phone work I dove. My first 6 months were bliss. I could do things I never knew I needed to do all from the phone in my pocket. We had so much fun together. Playing games, taking pictures, editing pictures, shopping for real estate. List list is endless. It was love.
All this is relevant because I got a pedicure!!! See the pretty lizard toes? They are mine and I love them. I love them so much that I wanted to post a picture here for you to see. The light shining off the pretty teal polish. It makes me so happy. I almost had to go out a buy a pair of sandals so that I could show off these beauties to the world. However, you, my loyal readers, are the only people outside me immediately family to observe the results of an hour of pure unadulterated pampering of me. Something I needed so much. I'm so thankful I took the time.
And it has taken me 3 apps and 65 minutes spread over two days to provide you with this picture. *sigh* I'm not sure how other people do this, but I've got to be doing something wrong. Here's my steps to get this picture here:
- I took the picture
- Edited it in Instagram (not registered with FB)
- Emailed myself a link and uploaded it somewhere (does anyone know HOW instagram works?)
- Found a copy on my phone
- Downloaded the Blogger app and failed to comprehend how to add a photo to a Blogger post via the app
- Tried linking to the photo via the URL Instagram gave me
- Got instructions for using Google+
- Downloaded the Google+ app and learned that all the pictures I've been posting for both my blogs are publicly accessible and linked to me via Google+ (so much for this being a secret)
- Refused to enable Instant Upload of all my pictures from my phone to Google+
- Shared this single photo will all my Google+ followers
- Found that I could then see it from Blogger via Picassa (???)
- I clicked the button to include it in this post
Wow. I'm definitely doing something wrong. Or... Or! This smart phone thing has us all convinced that it takes an advanced degree to do anything. But wait! I HAVE an advanced degree. In Computer Science. Why is this so hard!?!??!?
Anyway, figuring all this picture stuff out was fun. The honeymoon is over with regards to my iPhone. I love it. I'm going to keep playing with it. But this has to be easier. I'm also not sold on having all my data being shared in one place. I know that is the trendy thing to do, but I'm not that trendy and all these companies linking back to Google makes me a little nervous with the overall picture you can get all to easily of me on the internet.
All that aside, I loved getting a pedicure. I don't know that I will get them regularly, but I'm going to enjoy my lizard toes as long as possible. The massage portion of the pedicure was also an awesome treat. I've been beating up my legs lately and it felt nice to relax and have someone take care of me for a few minutes. Maybe I need to work on allowing some pampering simply because it makes me feel nice. No mountain climbed necessary.