Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Workout 120725: Better Burn

Wednesday's workout:

10 min Treadmill - Hill level 4 - 3.0 mph
10 Squats with 6 lbs
30 sec Plank
10 Bosu Reverse Lunges - each side
10 Modified Push-ups
15 sec Side Plank - each side
3 min Arc Trainer
Repeat Set
5 min Treadmill Cooldown - 2.0 mph
Stretch

Today felt so good.  I was worried about my knee starting out.  It felt shaky from the moment I put weight on it this morning.  Turns out?  I didn't need to worry.  I paid attention to my form in the squats and lunges, put a little padding under my knees when I did the push ups and stopped to stretch each time I felt a twinge.  All went well and this workout left me sweaty, tired and satisfied.

Reverse Lunges turned out to be the surprise of the day for me.  I've been working up to doing them without using my arms to steady myself.  I was able to do the first set with no hand at all.  The second set I got 5 in without my arms, but the last 5 I needed the extra support.  I couldn't keep my balance on the Bosu without hands at the end.  However, still huge progress.  I'm happy, just surprised at how hard they really are.

On a food note, I had the worst snack attack I've had in a long time yesterday.  I've been craving chicken wings lately.  Versus going out and eating a plate of Buffalo wings at a restaurant, I decided to get 2 drummies from the hot bar at Whole Foods.  I also wanted something crunchy, so I picked up a thing of their Spicy Pub Mix - rice crackers, sesame sticks, peanuts, wasabi peas.  I looked for a smaller size, but ended up having to buy the big size.  I know better.

I ate the wings on the way back to work.  I felt really self-conscious driving down the road eating a wing.  All I could think was that I looked like some fat chick chowing down on her way back to the office.  No wonder I'm fat if I gobble up wings all the time.  I know this isn't true, but it was where my brain went.  I was judging about me based on my assumption of what others might be thinking and that is just no good.  Who knows what they are thinking?  Certainly not me.  And really?  I'm sure their thinking about my chicken wing habit.  That train of thought is still bugging me.

Upon returning to my office, I measured out my serving of the Spicy Pub Mix and put the rest in my cabinet for some other time.  From that point forward, I could not stop thinking about it.  I never just pulled out the container and started eating, but only just barely.  Finally after an hour of grabbing another tablespoon, eating it, not being satisfied, obsessing and repeating, I took the snack mix and put it out in the community area of my office.  It was far enough away from me that I didn't have to think about it any more.  No lasting damage, but my head was in a very bad place.  Removing the food short circuited it thankfully.  I just hate that I get that way over food.  Or anything really...

Next time I have a craving for wings, I'm simply going to go to a restaurant and order the damn wings.  I'll eat them with blue cheese and enjoy them.  Then I can be done and not go through this ordeal again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment