Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PT: Day 30: The Proof

Monday's PT included:

6 min Elliptical - Level 4
Reverse Curl with Stick - 15 reps
Side Steps with Band
Monster Walk with Band
Backwards Monster Walk
Bird Dogs with Crunch and Resistance Band - 10 reps each side
Planks - 2 reps for 30sec
Side Planks - 2 reps each side for 20 sec
Squats - 10 reps
Side Squats- 10 reps each side
The Superman on Bosu - 10 reps each side
Cage Stretch
Bridges with Kickout - 5 reps


After almost 3 weeks without PT, I was still on track.  Honestly I was very concerned that I would regress quickly.  But my form was solid.  With my foot hurting squats had to be limited.  That was the only thing that stressed my foot.  I can definitely do a lot more than I thought I could.

Speaking of my foot, my appointment is still scheduled for next Monday.  While it is on the mend, I don't like that it has taken over a week to get there.  I look forward to having the doctor look at it and let me know if that there is nothing wrong.  Or tell me what is wrong if there is something wrong.  I've done some googling and that pretty much leads me to believe that I should never google medical symptoms.  How many times do I need to learn that lesson?  :P

On Thursday I did a little swimsuit shopping.  It didn't go badly but I wasn't thrilled with the options either.  I'm going to keep looking.  There are a lot of dress swimsuits these days which I don't remember the last time I shopped for a swimsuit ten years ago.  Also the support options are a lot friendlier if you get what I mean.  Has anyone swam in one of those dress-like swim suits?  Do they get heavy in water?

4 comments:

  1. I have worn a dress swmsuit in the past. I loved it while out of the water and hated it while in the water. It had a tendency to float up around my waist and just get in the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. That pretty much answer that question. I might look towards getting on for a beach vacation at the end of summer, but for swimming at the gym, not so much.

      Delete
  2. Dress suits are designed for running after small people, not really for playing in the water. Mine balloons up around me and then drags me down.

    For water events, go with a nice tankini, so you can go to the bathroom without having to undress. I love the Lands' End line--the size range is excellent. And if you watch their sales and overstocks online, you can assemble a nice suit for less than the retail.

    And I too have stopped Googling health symptoms. I always end up with a myriad of deathly uncurable options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a tankini leaning. I also like that there are a variety of bottom styles from which to choose.

      I think according to google I should just remove the foot and move on. However, I'm kind of attached to it. Hopefully the doctor will have a more wholesome solution.

      Delete