Friday, May 25, 2012

Calorie Counting

For the past week and a half my goal has been Calorie Counting.  Here's the data:




Monday, May 14162237 WW Points
Tuesday, May 151875
Wednesday, May 161620
Thursday, May 172292Began the day well, but made worse choices as the day progressed. Bad Choices culminated in a 500 calorie ice cream cone.
Friday, May 18---No tracking today.
Saturday, May 191608
Sunday, May 201550
Monday, May 211746
Tuesday, May 221566
Wednesday, May 231755
Thursday, May 241605


All in all I think I've done well.  I'm considering any value within 50 calories of my 1600 calorie goal to be a success.  That makes 6 out of 11 days successful.  Not passing grades in school, but for my first 11 days of calorie counting I find it to be acceptable.

The first day I tracked, I also input the food into Weight Watchers.  There my daily points allowance was 35 points.  The food I consumed that Monday was 37 points.  Comparing calories to points is like comparing apples to oranges, but I was glad to see that my 1600 calories loosely correlated to the number of points I was allowed in the WW program.

Not tracking is what I have the biggest problem with.  I need to track every day.  I had a rough day on Thursday and just gave up towards the end of the day.  It's not good that I gave up but I am proud that I kept up my tracking.  Friday I intended to track, but left my book in my car and then ate out lunch and had completely given up by dinner time.  As I would tell my 3 year old, that is unacceptable.

Over the past 11 days I've felt pretty good.  There haven't been any crash days like I experienced 2 weeks ago and my cravings have been manageable.  I've used Spark People to support calorie lookups as well as general web sources.  I even started asking Siri for calorie information.  I dare say it's been fun getting this setup and figured out.

I'm going to hold steady and see what my June weigh-in says about my progress.  Again this month...  I'm hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment