Monday, January 30, 2012

PT: Day 4

With no gym Friday or this morning, I was in pretty bad shape heading to PT this afternoon.  These are the exercises:

Warmup Hip Stretches
Balance Board
Bosu Squats - 20 reps with 5 sec hold
Side Steps - 75 in each direction (for some reason I decided to count them today)
Cage Stretch
Wall Ball Abduction - 20 reps each leg
Leg Back Extension - 20 reps each leg
Side-lying Abduction on Swiss Ball - 10 reps
Modified Side Plank - 10 Reps.
Swiss Ball Bridges - 10 Reps with 5 sec hold

When I started the Bosu Squats, I got an uncomfortable pulling over the front of my knee cap.  It was something I hadn't experienced before.  I told my physical therapist and she rolled out my IT band (area on the side of each leg).  It didn't hurt as bad as the last time she did it, but it definitely wasn't comfortable either.  when she was done I went back to the Bosu Squats and the feeling was gone.  I'm a believer that these people know what they are talking about.

After continuing with my exercises, it became apparent that my right hip was MUCH more tired than my left one.  After the side steps the right hip was on fire and I spent the rest of the session ordering it to do things that it didn't want to do.  My left hip was fine.  It's so strange how that can happen.  I wonder if it has to do with the way that I sit or how I slept.

Now I am headed to bed.  My goal this week is to be in the gym 4 days.  Given that I didn't go today, that means I'm committed to every day until the end of the week.  I'm beat tonight, but lunch is made and the laundry has been changed.  Time to get my rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment