Wednesday, December 28, 2011

C25K: Week 3 Workout 2

Today was hard.  Before I even made it to the gym, I'd overslept by an hour, had my husband call the cops to check out a neighboring house and bumped another car in the gym parking lot (I left a note).  right now I'm kind of surprised that I even made it to my workout.  But thankfully I did.
5min warmup
90sec 3.7mph Jog*
90sec 3.0mph Walk*
3min 3.6mph Jog*
3min 3.0mph Walk*
*Repeat 2 times for a total of 18 mins
5min cooldown
5min stretching
On the upside, I upped my overall jogging speed.  I'm feeling tired, but not broken.  I didn't get my mood boost from exercising this morning that I've become accustomed to.  That may have had more to do with the morning's prelude and the doom & gloom news reporting in the gym than anything else.  It sucks when there are TVs on everywhere you look and the stories make you want to cry.  Mark that as a pro for running outside.  No downer newscasts.

However, workout 2 is complete and I'm happy with the progress I'm making.  I really think I might be able to finish this 5K without feeling like my legs are going to fall off.  I look forward to checking in with the doc and making sure I'm not far off base with my knee.  I also have 3 personal training sessions to setup once I get more instruction from my doc.  Lots of good stuff coming up.

So today is just a hard day.  More of it is being put behind me as I write this.  I'll feel better.  But for now, I'm going to pout a little as I go fill up my water cup.  Just to languish in the mood before moving on to greener pastures.


No comments:

Post a Comment